0.6.1 release...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bernhard

Post by bernhard »

hi,

since 0.6.1 everything is working fine!
the only prob. i have now are the broken images in the view graphs section...

every preview image is broken, but when i click on a broken image i get the daily, weekly,.. graphs normally

any ideas ?

broken images: graph_view.php?action=preview
works fine : graph.php?rraid=all&graphid=59

thx,
bernhard
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

add last post:

another problem left:
i have a graph with 3 datasources (3 lines)
now i want to add a 4th line in this graph with the sum of the 3 datasources...

is that possible ?

thx,
bernhard
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

About your first problem, what is the acual URL being called to render a preview graph image? The previews seem to be rendering fine for me, but there could be something else I am missing. Also do the previews show up in preview mode (graph_view.php?action=preview).

About your question, what you are asking is possible through CDEF's. Something like

ds4=ds1,ds2,ds3,+,+

However since cacti CDEF support is missing a few things, I am unsure how well this will work. I will try this to work on my setup and get a patch or something out by tomorrow.

-Ian
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

hi,

1. i resolved the problem with the broken preview images :
i'm using quite an old version of rrdtool (
rrdtool-1.0.28-1), and this version doesn't support the --no-legend option u are using..

2. i know that i can use CDEF for the sum of 3 datasources, but i don't know how to graph the sum line with cacti...

with rrdcgi i always used:
total=ds1,ds2,ds3,+,+
LINE1:total#30a020:"Total"
in this graph are the 3 datasources (ds1,ds2,ds3) AND 1 line (total) with the sum of the 3 datasources...

how can i do that with cacti?

thx,
bernhard
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

I will tell you how this can be done in cacti, however it will not work as of yet because of data source naming problems. I will try and get you a patched cmd_functions.php by the end of the night though. After hacking away at it last night, everything appears to work for me now.

Click on "CDEF's" on the cacti menu. Click "Add", and type a meaningful name for this CDEF.

Click save and click "Edit Current CDEF" next to the CDEF you just created.

Click "Add" and select the first data source to sum from the list. Repeat this two more times for your other two data sources.

Click add, select "Add a CDEF Function", and select a "+" from the list. Repeat this once more.

You have now built yourself a CDEF to sum the three data sources. Add an item to your graph as normal, but make sure to select the CDEF you just created from the drop down list. After you get the patched cmd_functions.php file, your graph should show the summed data.

-Ian
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Yes, it is very possible to add the same data source twice to one graph. There was a bug however in cacti that caused this not to work correctly. This has been fixed and included in the 0.6.2 release. You can get a copy in the download area.

As far as how to do this, simply add the data source twice; making one an 'AREA', and the other a 'LINE1'.

Hope this helps,
-Ian